CS Sherin, September 4, 2019
Having lived with and loved many exceptional cats in my life so far, I am finally getting around to sharing some of their sage advice for life and living. The cats I know and love, and those that have since carried on across the Rainbow Bridge, all are/were the best kinds of cats. The best cats aren’t really aloof, mean or uncaring. Quite the opposite. Anyway, please enjoy some of the wisdom I have gleaned from generations of fur family companions, as it comes straight from them. 🙂
Life Advice From Cats
- If you are a leader: lead with love and encouragement. Purr and smile when things are good. Also, correct bad behavior swiftly, and mean it. Hiss if necessary.
- Become good friends with the dog. Keep it on the down low. And hit the top of her head (not too hard) if she gets rude.
- Hold your loved ones paw until they fall asleep when they are sad. Stay beside them when they are sick.
- Smile, run, play, eat, cuddle, nap.
- Ask for what you need when you can’t do it for yourself. Be as loud and creative as needed.
- Take your jobs and duties in life seriously, and keep your humor.
- Vow to be true to those in your care. Watch over a child. Protect and guide them.
- Be king or queen of your own life. Be just, valiant, fiercely passionate. Do this without apology or arrogance.
- Be tidy in the bathroom.
- Take sun baths whenever possible.
- Cuddle with your loved ones.
- Jump the fence. Even if it is quite tall. Do this to really live — not to run away. Go just a little ways past the fence and sleep under garden plants for the day, where no one can find you.
- Get home in time for dinner.
May we all make the most of the life we have, with the luck of nine lives, and the health of a happy purr in our hearts that abides. Meow!
CS Sherin, ©2019 all rights reserved.