10 Steps to Creating a Space of Retreat and Renewal:
1. Clear clutter.
2. Clean surfaces with a damp rag and some drops of essential oil.
3. Sweep or vacuum.
4. Stretch and breath consciously.
5. Clear your mind.
6. Let in natural light.
7. Turn off and unplug any lights and devices not really needed in this moment.
8. Light a candle (without chemical perfumes & with a metal free wick, preferably) in a safe container. Light it with gratitude and the intention to create sacred space.
9. Burn some (chemical free, preferably) incense, contained in a safe container. Light the incense with gratitude and with the intention to send it up as reverence for what you love and are thankful for in this life. That can encompass a lot!
10. Make a warm drink, like herbal, white or green tea.
BONUS: Give yourself time to be in this space to relax, reflect, write, breathe or even to do your work. Add in a soothing music to this space to welcome in creativity and inspiration.